Learner Fund Childminder Bursary 2020
The Department of Children & Youth Affairs (DCYA) will open the Learner Fund Bursary for Childminders who are registered with Tusla and hold a Level 5 or Level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ). The Carlow County Childcare Committees will process and appraise Learner Fund Childminder Bursary applications.
The following rules apply to the Childminder Bursary:
- This qualification for which the bursary is paid must be on the DCYA Early Years Recognised Qualifications list.
- The award must be placed at level 5 or Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) and achieved in the academic years 2014 to 2020 inclusive.
- The bursary amount will be €750.
- The qualification must be a full, major award; the bursary cannot be paid in respect of partially completed awards.
- Letters from training providers which state that a partially completed award is equivalent to a full award will not be accepted.
- The qualification for which the bursary is paid must be that which qualifies the person to work in the Early Learning and Care sector.
- Applicants may only apply once and cannot be granted the Learner Fund for a second time if they have already received it before.
- The applicant cannot have received any public funding in support of their completing the award relating to this application.
- Applicants must currently be a Tusla registered Childminding Service.
- Application must be made by the holder of the award and not by any third party on their behalf.
With that regard, the following documents are available
Childminder Bursary :
Key dates for consideration
|Sept 14th||Applications open to CCCs|
|Oct 23rd||Deadline for submission of applications – close at 5pm|
|Nov 3rd||CCCs provide spreadsheet of recommendations/decisions to Pobal|