Learner Fund Graduate Bursary – 2020
The Department of Children & Youth Affairs (DCYA) will re-open the Learner Fund Bursary to Early Learning and Care practitioners who are new graduates of a recognised Early Childhood Education and Care degree programme. The Carlow County Childcare Committees (CCC) will process and appraise Learner Fund Bursary applications.
The following rules apply to the Graduate Bursary:
- The qualification for which the bursary is paid must be either:
- On the DCYA Early Years Recognised Qualifications list and indicated as meeting the qualification requirements for room leader – higher capitation.
- The applicant must hold a letter of eligibility to practice from DCYA which states that the qualification meets the standard for the higher capitation rate.
- The award must be placed at level 7/8/9 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) and achieved in the academic years 2014 – 2020.
- The bursary amount will be €750.
- The qualification must be a full, major award; the bursary cannot be paid in respect of partially completed awards.
- Letters from third level education providers which state that a partially completed award is equivalent to a full award should not be accepted.
- The qualification for which the bursary is paid must be that which qualifies the person to work in the Early Years sector (and is at least level 7 on the NFQ).
- Applicants may only apply once and cannot be granted the Learner Fund bursary for a second time if they have already received it before i.e. the bursary will be paid for one of the following – a level 7 OR a level 8 OR a level 9 qualification.
- The applicant cannot have received any public funding in support of their completing the award relating to this application.
- The bursary is available to experienced practitioners only; applicants must have been working in a Tusla registered Early Learning & Care Servicerior to beginning their course.
- Applicants must be currently working in a Tusla registered Early Learning & Care Service.
- Staff working in standalone School Age Childcare services are not eligible to apply.
- Application must be made by the holder of the award and not by any third party on their behalf.
With that regard, the following documents are available
Key dates for consideration
|Sept 14th||Applications open to CCCs|
|Oct 23rd||Deadline for submission of applications – close at 5pm|
|Nov 3rd||CCCs provide spreadsheet of recommendations/decisions to Pobal|
Pobal Early Years Operations Team