Better Start currently have capacity to work with Carlow services as part of their Quality Development Service (QDS).
Better Start QDS is an additional resource to support and drive quality improvement. It provides a highly skilled and experienced Early Years Specialist team to work directly in a mentoring capacity with early years services, complementing and adding to other quality resources such as training, continuing professional development programmes, networking, cluster-type support groups and individual or team-based development work provided by the City and County Childcare Committees and the Voluntary Childcare Organisations.
Current criteria to access the Quality Development Service:
(1) Full day-care services (birth – 6 years) catering for a minimum of 40 children on a full day-care basis
(2) Services catering for 20 full and/or part-time children with at least 40 children overall
(3) Group or chain providers with services under the same ownership
(4) Sessional services for children with at least 40 children in total
(5) Service Providers that have completed the 5 Aistear and Play workshops.
If you would like your service to be considered for the allocation of support of an early years specialist as part of Better Start QDS, please contact Carlow County Childcare Committee.