Looking for a healthy sweet snack you can feel good about? These Healthy Chunky Monkey Oatmeal Bars are so simple and easy to make, you’ll be amazed how good they taste for breakfast and snacking! All you need to make these scrumptious Healthy Chunky Monkey Oatmeal Bars are oats, peanut butter, bananas, a little maple syrup, chocolate chunks and walnuts. Save the chocolate chunks for the top of the bars to make them look pretty.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Course: Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert, Snack
Keyword: banana, breakfast, chocolate, chunky monkey, chunky monkey bars, cookies, brownies, brookies, snack, gluten-free muffins, oats, vegan
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats or for gluten free option, use gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or any nut butter you prefer
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1-3 tablespoons maple syrup or brown sugar or sugar of choice
- 1/4 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- Optional ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks or chips of choice optional for vegan option use vegan chunks or chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a med-large mixing bowl, mix together the oats, mashed banana, peanut butter, maple syrup and walnuts until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the batter in the prepared pan and spread out on an even layer.
- Top with chocolate chunks or chips, then bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Allow the bars to cool in the pan, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Servings: 9 Servings
Author: Kim Lange