The Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth (DCEDIY) has re-opened the Learner Fund Bursary to Early Learning and Care practitioners who are new graduates of a recognised Early Childhood Education and Care degree programme. The local City/County Childcare Committees (CCC) will process and appraise Learner Fund Graduate Bursary applications.
The Learner Fund offers a bursary of €750 to early years educators who have obtained a recognised Level 7/8/9 award, were working in a Tusla-registered ELC service prior to commencing their studies and are currently working in a Tusla-registered ELC service.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 29 September 2023.
Send completed application forms and supporting documentation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The qualification for which the bursary is paid must be either:
a) On the DCEDIY Early Years Recognised Qualifications list and indicated as meeting the qualification requirements for lead educator graduate premium.
b) The applicant must hold a letter of eligibility to practice from DCEDIY which states that the qualification meets the standard for the graduate premium.
- The award must be placed at level 7/8/9 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) and achieved in the academic years 2015-2023.
- The bursary amount will be €750.
- The qualification must be a full, major award; the bursary cannot be paid in respect of partially completed awards.
- Letters from third level education providers which state that a partially completed award is equivalent to a full award will not be accepted.
- The qualification for which the bursary is paid must be that which qualifies the person to work in the Early Years sector (and is at least level 7 on the NFQ).
- Applicants may only apply once and cannot be granted the Learner Fund bursary for a second time if they have already received it before – ie. the bursary will be paid for one of the following: a level 7 OR a level 8 OR a level 9 qualification.
- The applicant cannot have received any public funding in support of their completing the award relating to this application.
- The bursary is available to experienced practitioners only; applicants must have been working in a Tusla-registered Early Learning & Care Service prior to beginning their course and applicants must be currently working in a Tusla-registered Early Learning & Care Service.
- Staff working in standalone School Age Childcare services are not eligible to apply.
- Application must be made by the holder of the award and not by any third party on their behalf.
Childminders who are registered with Tusla and hold a Level 5 or Level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) achieved in the academic years 2015 to 2023 inclusive are eligible to apply.
Timeframe for applications:
|29th September||All forms must be fully completed and returned (incl. photographic evidence) by email to your email@example.com no later than 5PM on Friday 29th September 2022.|
|Week of 13th November||CCCs pay approved applicants|